Monday, April 23, 2007

Sufjan Stevens rocks

I am just getting into an amazing (and amazingly productive) American musician named Sufjan Stevens. The album I am listening to is called Come On Feel The Illinoise - his second album in a proposed series of fifty, one for each United State. It is supe-supe-superb and many critics called it the best album of 2005. (It takes me a long time to get to grips with music these days.)

Yesterday Graham showed me the 5 disc boxed set called Songs for Christmas - a mix of standards and Sufjan's own originals. I have just looked up the track listing, and I wanted to list some of his original titles. They are not all this daggy, but you have to love these ones:

It’s Christmas! Let’s Be Glad!
Come on! Let’s Boogey to the Elf Dance!
That Was the Worst Christmas Ever!
Ding! Dong!
Hey Guys! It’s Christmas Time!
Did I Make You Cry On Christmas Day? (Well, You Deserved It!)
and Get Behind Me, Santa!

No comments: