Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Neighbours and Pals v Antipasto and Champagne

We had a Christmas party of sorts on Sunday afternoon at our place. We had about thirty five people, lots of kids, and we really had a nice time.

I went off to get the platters, and foolishly decided I could squeeze in a bit of Christmas shopping on the way, and still get home with them in time for Elf and I to have showers and iron something. When I got back at about 10 minutes-to-liftoff, Elf was in the shower and the boys informed me she was not happy.

Eggnog and time are marvellous healers however, and she has withdrawn the divorce papers and I believe she still has full confidence in me as her Deputy, going forward.

We had a couple of visits - inside the house - from the bolder of the two magpies. Both times there were quite a few people around. The first time: hop hop, a bit of a look at the shiny stuff on the Christmas tree, and hop hop out again. The second time was a major incursion. He had a good look at the toys, especially interested in the dinosaurs, got up on my chair to have a look at work in progress on my desk, pooped next to the christmas tree, and then flew about a bit looking for the exit. There was relief from him and us when he found it.


2 comments:

Wendy said...

That picture of him with the dinosaurs is hilarious!

Chris Rees said...

Yes, he mingled with them quite comfortably. A very self-possessed young bird.