Monday, September 13, 2010

Your tech reporter

OK. I Am writing this on an iPad. That,s right. I,m in the future now. I have had to bluTak it to the desk as it is ndot very desk=friendly, what with the curved underside and all. Not very typing=friendly either. You may notice I am having trouble finding the hyphen. In fact this is hellish == I am going to save this and resume with a real keyboard.
Hello again from a proper keyboard. Phew. We have a client who isn't sure what he wants us to do for him, but he knows he wants it to look iPad-y. Even though there are many, many photos available of the iPad and its interface, he has bought one and given it to us, so we have a really good idea how it looks.

So far I have installed a few free apps (as we young people call them) on the pad - a chess game, a very simple paint thing, and a handy one that gives you a real time feed from all the traffic cameras in New Zealand. Brilliant.

For an outlay of $1.99 I could get the iPad Horse Name Generator. This is, no kidding, their best effort at selling it:
Want to name your new horse? Now with this handy app you can carry around a source of inspiration in your pocket. If you're an author looking to name your characters' steeds, then this is the tool for you.
 As it happens, I am an author working on a 16-part series of novels about equestrian vampires, and I am totally blocked on the very issue of what to call the ponies. So far I have got "Warren", "Snack Attack" and "The Dude". Help, Horse Name Generator!

The thing that is slightly worrying me is that in the AppShop it says it is rated 9+ for Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour. I can see how this is going to go. Some netherworld demon is going to end up riding Arse Bandit.

No comments: