Monday, March 12, 2012

I stand corrected

As I went past the boys' room the other night, Michael was coughing. I asked him if he wanted a drink, and before passing him the glass of water from the bookcase, had a little sip myself to make sure it didn't have dust on top. He took a sip, then held it up to the light drifting into the room from beyond and said "Why does it have a dead millipede in it?"

I scoffed "It doesn't have a dead millipede in it, silly!" as I took it out into the light and saw that it did in fact have a dead millipede in it. I chucked it down the drain and refilled the glass with sparkling clean water, feeling pretty awful that I had essentially given him millipede soup.

Me: "There you go! Perfectly fresh water!"
Michael: "What was that? Was it a dead millipede?"
Me: "It was a deadish and millipede-like, yes".
Michael: "Oh well, that's OK. I'm fine."

What a trooper.

No comments: