Thursday, January 17, 2008

Preparing to camp

We are going away camping on Monday, for two weeks. It will be an interesting experience - hopefully fun. I am driving the Subie up to mum and dad's on Saturday morning, where I will leave it, and return to Hobart in their campervan. Elf and the boys and I will then set off up the east coast, to arrive back at Turners Beach tired but happy on or before the 1st of February. Mum will be having an exhibition opening in Burnie that night, so it will be nice to attend that.

I am not a camping type, and neither is Elf. I can not tie knots, or make fire by rubbing sticks. I like to look things up on the internet. (Actually, I think I will print out every kind of knot I might need and take hard copies with me). The boys will miss their DVDs and their friends next door. Elf and I will miss our lovely new house. But we hope that the peace, quiet, scenery and friends we catch up with on the way will make up for it.


I will probably not be able to blog along the way, but I will try to make notes and sketches that I can turn to when we resume normal services.

No comments: