Thursday, June 02, 2011

Sick, 2011

I am not often sick, so when I am, I consider it news. I had yesterday off work, and after noodling around getting things done, I just zonked out for 4 hours. Not having the car, I then walked down to school and back to pick up the boys. I managed to sit upright and listen to their merry crashes and bangs for four hours, then as soon as dinner was over I just went back to bed and zonked out once more.

Today I have stayed home again but at least felt well enough to sit in the sun and read. I have no science to back this up, but I feel like if you have the sun on your face it helps clear up your sinuses. I would rather not be sick, but I'm telling you now - there's nothing wrong with sitting on your front deck in the sun reading an undemanding book.

I've had a few pretty bad night's sleeps, with all sorts of feverish delusions. I would like to apologise to anyone who's following me on Twitter, as I have tweeted a few times when I should best have not. Just because a Clown Car Wash seems like a good idea to me, in a fever, at 4am, doesn't mean I need to share that.

No comments: