Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Wasp news

My preferred method of dealing with wasps is to give them a smart smack with an open hand, ideally straight out an open door or window. If they are stunned and lying prone, I will often crunch them dead; they are wasps after all. The less of them the better. But mostly if I can paff one to the outside I feel like I am living in harmony with nature, and quite the Dan Daring at the same time.

For the first time today I started to think that the same individual wasps are returning to the kitchen, and learning from their experience with me. One definitely saw me and turned around, making a beeline waspline for the open window. "This bloke is going to paff me and although unharmed I will lose face" it was thinking. "I shall take myself outside and buzz stupidly around the cat bowl later when he's not here".

A wasp, yesterday.

No comments: