Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Twitter break

I am on a Twitter break. Day 6 of a planned 7 days. I might extend it, I think its doing me good. Look, I'm back here for one thing.

But, although Twitter is a bit addictive and a bit of an echo chamber, its a great place for the little one-line observation you just want to put out into the world. I have no place for those now – apart from sharing with family, co-workers and the occasional friend that I bump into.

Anyway here is what I would have  tweeted (that I can think of now) over the last week.

–oO0Oo–

Loris Karius - that's two of the worst mistakes I have seen a keeper make, and they came in one game, which happened to be the world's most important club game of the year. I tipped he would be playing for Port Vale* next season but Rimini in Italy's Serie C have offered him a job. *Port Vale's home ground is owned by a man named Norman Smurthwaite.

–oO0Oo–

I was designing a sign for Woolworths Ascot (QLD) today, with Ascot up top. I wanted to design it so it was reusable for other Woolies with longer names. In checking a list of all Woolies locations I was delighted to find that in WA is Woolworths Dog Swamp.

–oO0Oo–

Does all nail polish come from Nail Poland?

–oO0Oo–

OK that is honestly all the microblog content I can think of right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you here!! We watched the football final live and our jaws dropped at these goalie mistakes!! Hope you extend your twitter abstinence. Greetings from Switzerland! Irma

Chris Rees said...

Xxx great to see you too. Hopp Schiiz!!