Sunday, November 24, 2019

Tuesday Night Soccer 19.11.19

I can't believe how much time has passed since I did one of these reports. I have played every 3 weeks or so, so that's quite a few skipped reports. I've been managing the bone inflammation pretty well, seems like giving it a week or more to settle down between outings is the key.

But now I am also dealing with plantar fasciitis in my left foot. When it flares up its 8/10 painful. It doesn't stop me playing, but the next day its very tender. Even then I can walk on it OK once I get up to speed. Colleagues in the office mostly see me hopping about  in my first dozen steps after getting up from a long stint at the computer – I assume they assume I have gout.

To the game, it started as a 6 v 5 but Pete picked up an injury very early. I started playing for Black, but once we'd lost our numerical advantage we struggled. So we stopped the game and I swapped for Johnno in a classic old & slow/young & fast exchange, and I continued as White.

I kicked Black's first two goals; a long range toe poke from the right that caught Rob out, and a short range shuffle-and-place to Cam's right. Then later I got two for White. The ball came to me with my back to the net just metres out and managed to spin and nutmeg Pat in goals - or so Matt said. I didn't see it. Then soon after I was out on the left hanging forward and joined a 3-on-1 attack, Rob slid it across and I was lucky not to put it over the bar, went into the roof of the net.

Other highlights: I made a few good saves; and somehow tricked Johnno over by the bench seats wing.

Extra injury note: my long term sore right ankle was really stinging by the time I got home, and with the fasciitis in my left foot it was my slowest ever walk up to the front door from the car.

Black: Ben, Pat, me, Pete, Young Sean, ?
White: Cam, Johnno, Rob, Matt, Andrew

No comments: