Thursday, January 07, 2010

Cousins go alpine

Brin and Malachy, my nephews from NSW arrived last night, to much excitement from Marcus and Michael. Their flight was nearly 20 minutes early, which is unheard of. We were killing time driving around the Seven Mile Beach area when they flew overhead, so we turned and hightailed it back to the airport.

Today we had a long and draining game of Swiss Monopoly. I kept throwing threes and fours, getting Free Parking, Chances and Community Chests that said "go back 3 spaces" or "you find 10 euros on the ground". By the time everyone else had hotels I think I had the Swiss equivalent of Trafalgar Square (mortgaged) and a handful of chump change. I came last.

This afternoon we went up to the top of Mt Wellington, where I took the following photos of cousins among the ancient lichen-covered stones.






No comments: