Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Richo!

I was listening to the footy on the radio with Michael. It was Richmond's first game of the season after claiming the wooden spoon last year. Our perennially disappointing full forward Richardson took a mark. "RICHO!!" said the radio. "Richo!" said Michael. Richo missed the shot, Richmond lost by ten goals. Our new coach said they might as well have spent summer in the pub instead of training, for all the difference it had made.

Easter was exhausting. We didnt really plan any activities or excursions, and we didnt do a big pre-easter shop, so we had to make it all up as we went along. I must not let myself get so micro-focused again. On Thursday I honestly had no idea that the next day was Good Friday and I wouldnt be at work the next day. I went to the corner shop for lunch and couldnt understand why it was bursting at the seams with eager shoppers.

We are thinking of covering up the full length mirror in the bathroom. When we are trying to get Marcus to stand still while we dry him, or use the potty, he dances about and makes gruesome and inane faces at himself.

No comments: