Thursday, January 11, 2007

Smug about meeting

I had a satisfying day at work. I arranged a meeting. That's all it takes for me to feel satisfied with my work. I actually arranged for some other people in Canberra to be on the end of a phone while I asked them questions and told them answers. It doesn't sound like much but it is not comfortable territory for me. I have been in speakerphone meetings-of-the-air before but never alone and outnumbered. They are odd events, as you all feel like someone should be offering someone else coffee. I'm sure there is networking software that already makes this possible.

Trying to finish this project has been driving me batty. We missed the deadline yesterday, for which we were perhaps 20% culpable (client 30%, other studio 50%). Since it became obvious we would fail, I have been asking our client to spell out what happens next. The project now has a new definite deadline, which we can meet. I am feeling at peace, and plan to go and fly a kite for an hour or so tomorrow while the progammers pop the code in the oven until brown, or whatever it is they do.

No comments: