Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Roundabout

There is an enormous new highway roundabout under construction down at Kingston, on the way to Family Day Care. I've been talking to the boys about it over a few weeks, and have only just realised that Marcus has been expecting a different sort of roundabout. Poor kid - he thought all the bulldozers and graders and so on were building a carousel-style children's ride.

Some recent sayings:
"I'm a little bit angry because those cars are not driving properly" - copied from me
"See you round like a whistle" - copied inaccurately from Allison
"That car is a dammit because its not letting us through" - hmm, maybe Allison
"HANG ON A MINUTE - That's not right" - maybe Allison

Also, from this morning's drive, after I told Marcus it was 9 months to his next birthday
Marcus: "I can count to nine: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, NINE!!"
Michael "Ten"

No comments: