Thursday, June 29, 2006

Most of his might

We were getting ready to go swimming, and Marcus was describing his technique for putting on shoes.

Marcus: I put my toe in there and then I push this bit down with most of my might.
Dad: [Snort] Did you say most of your might?
Marcus: Well, no, ALL of my might... Dad, how do you know how much might you've got?

Its a good question. If you can bench press 100kg, is that a numerical value for your "might"?

When we did get to the pool, Marcus surprised himself and me by paddling along with his flotation ring without touching the bottom - the first time he's done it. I've been trying to get him interested in swimming lessons, and I think he now understands that you don't have to be able to swim already to go to lessons. I have used the prospect of going fishing with me when he can swim as a carrot. I hope no-one tells him how hopeless I am at fishing.

No comments: