Thursday, March 29, 2007

My brother-in-law is a brainiac

This is a quote from Fred's CV, regarding his current (third) post-doctorate in Sweden.

"Research involving terawatt femtosecond laser systems in Europe in a structural chemical X-ray context. Design and construction of a novel user-friendly sub-picosecond bremsstrahlung X-ray source was initiated and completed with extensive source and detector characterisation. EXAFS was selected as the initial technique. Several known spectrometer topologies were investigated and new topologies devised to direct the new source to in-house ultrafast optical pump, X-ray probe chemical structure studies..." It goes on in a similar vein.

Whereas, yesterday I videoed my hand opening and closing and today I am animating a lot of stuff flying out as I open it, as if in zero gravity. For some ad or other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand what Fred is doing, although it sounds especially worthy. Your ad, however, sounds awsome.

-yr sstr