Thursday, November 30, 2006

Delusions

I am sleeping badly at the moment, coughing and semi-drowning in head-cold bilge. I had one quite pleasant delusion when I rolled over and glimpsed my collection of useless nasal sprays lined up - with my glasses off they looked like the minarets of the Blue Mosque.

I was battling to keep all this fluid out of my lungs all last night, and at the same time dreaming of work. I was convinced the choking and coughing was happening because I was editing a particular graphic symbol in Flash MX. There was some problem with that one symbol, something to do with a pointy bit at the top that was irritating my throat. [Flash is notoriously buggy software, and it's not that much of a stretch to think that a corrupted symbol could actually make you choke.]

After a while I decide it was Sally McAteer's fault - she had done some illustrations for the thing I am working on, and one of the symbols she emailed me was corrupt. That scheming minx! [This is in bed at about 3am].

Around 4am I realised I had been a fool. I wasn't even using Flash! It must have been something else on the computer making me drown in bilgey mucus. Maybe a font problem?

Around 4.45am I finally got to grips with the real issue. I am sick. It's nothing to do with work. At all. I am in bed. The computer is off.

Michael woke up at 4.55am and that was the end of my night.

No comments: