Thursday, February 02, 2006

Helmets for bowlers

Marcus asked this morning - why do cricket batsmen wear helmets, but bowlers don't? What if the batsman hit the ball back at the bowler's head really hard? It's a good point. We explained that the bowler had a variety of options (duck, catch) and that it didn't happen very often anyway. But close-in fielders and even wicketkeepers sometime wore helmets. He was happy with this.

Michael always wakes before Marcus. Elf goes for a walk every morning, and she usually plonks him in bed next to me for a while. He lies there in amongst the huge pillows and looks straight up at the ceiling. This morning he said, while gazing upwards, "I can see a frog, in the water". I wasn't sure I had heard him correctly, so I said "Frogs say nedeep, nedeep". He replied "no, no, no, no, no - ribbit ribbit".

No comments: